Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Feeling Overwhelmed

I am feeling a little overwhelmed and run down this week. I think it is all just happening so fast and between getting ready for his arrival and keeping up with school and doing all the other things I want to be doing, it has built up to a mountain. Here is my current list of things I need to do:
1) Study for test tomorrow (clearly avoiding that one)
2) Research article for personal reading due in 3 weeks
3) Study for practicum (must know all parts of brain, what they do and what happens if they are injured)
4) Find and purchase Co-Sleeper
5) Figure out what we are doing for a dresser for his clothes
6) Finish Sita's scrapbook (was supposed to be done in September!)
7) Make Jenifer's scrapbook
8) Research and make birth plan
9) Read immunization book and formulate schedule
10) Find a pediatrician and make sure he/she agrees with our immunization schedule
11) Finish all three birthing and breastfeeding books I started
12) Plant Morning Glory vines out back
13) Plan and plant garden
14) Tour hospital
15) Find and buy gown for delivery
16) Find birthing classes
17) Attend La Leche League meetings
18) Sooooo many more things....

Anyway, I know that it will all come together and all will be well, but right now I am having a moment. Hope tomorrow is better.
Oh and I swear the belly has grown overnight. See what you think.....


6 comments:

Dana said...

question: are you not delivering at the birth day place? why do you need to buy a gown? they do give you an endless supply of oh-so-fabulous blue ones. or are you being awesome and wearing a prom dress for delivery? sears has some 80's-ish dresses that would SO work for you ;)

all good pediatricians will do the immunizations the way you want them to. seriously, go visit dr.tedford! just call his office and ask to meet him. i think you'll really like him.

everything will all come together, i promise!

one more probably unwanted piece of advice...the co-sleeper is on your registry. wait to buy it. i thought i wasn't going to get anything, and i pretty much got everything. so just wait and maybe save some money. and if you don't get it, it's not like stores won't have them. and you'll be surprised at how many gift cards and checks magically show up in the mail!

okay that's all. tell me to shutup any time.

The Plummers said...

First of all....don't shut up cuz you make me laugh :)

Second, I hate hospital gowns and know I will be more comfortable if I bring ones I like. I know, I know, I just cannot express how MUCH I HATE hospitals. If I were single and pregnant I would be giving birth at home....

Third, I bought the cosleeper this morning because I found it for $89 on sale and couldn't pass it up. If I happen to get one at a shower, I will return it and get something else!

I think Dr. Tedford will be fine with it, I just want to make sure ahead of time so there is no confusion. I have been meaning to call him this week, but ya know how that goes...

Dana said...

you know that you will go through multiple gowns right? blood. lots of blood! i say save your $$ and ruin the hospital gowns :)

The Plummers said...

I HATE THEM :) they smell funny and are uncomfortable.... and make me feel like I am sick

Dana said...

the way you describe hospital gowns is exactly the same way i describe you to people! ;) just kidding!

The Plummers said...

hahahahahaha hey! Oh Dana what would I do without you? :)