Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Running and Eating

So this week something changed. Well 2 things changed really...

1) I have a strong desire to run again (not just run, but train and race again)

2) I want to eat everything in sight

I discovered almost 2 years ago that I love to run. As a result, I ran and ran and ran. I trained for and ran 2 half marathons and began training for a full marathon.....all within a year. As is expected, I burned out and had to take a break. Not only did I hurt, but I was running so much that I just kinda got bored I guess.

I am happy to say that the spark is back. I miss running!! I dream about running. I need to run. Unfortunately, since it is so late in this pregnancy and I have not been running, I don't think it is a good idea to start now. I cannot wait to get back into it though as soon as he is born. I am craving the runner's high and the thrill of finishing a race. Chris' sisters are going to train for and run a half marathon in December and I have decided I will be joining them. I figure it will be a good way to lose any extra baby weight that will for sure start packing on due to the second change in my life this week....FOOD.

I want to eat anything and everything. It is the first time since I have been pregnant that I have felt this way and it is scaring me just a little. I guess it makes sense since he is supposedly starting to pack on the fat starting this week, but still! When I am not dreaming about running, I am dreaming about eating. Doesn't matter what it is, I will eat it. I am ALWAYS hungry and though I get full easily, I feel like I am chewing all day long. Though it may backfire on me, I have decided to give in. Obviously my body is telling me something and I will listen. I want to enjoy this time in my life when the thoughts of "being good" don't rule my life. I will worry about getting back in shape and losing the extra later. Probably by running!

Speaking of food, I am in need of something chocolate...mmmmm

2 comments:

Dana said...

i gave in and only gained 21 pounds total...and lost it all in the 2 weeks after i had lorelei. so i say give in :) obviously don't eat a gallon of ice cream...unless you invite me over to share it!

i did a lot of walking, and i think that helped.

The Plummers said...

You can for sure come eat with me! It would make it more fun! Yeah I am doing my best to eat well but sometimes I just want chocolate :)