Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

We Made it Seven Whole Months!

Today marks the 7 month mark of this pregnancy. I feel as if I just found out and yet more than half a year has passed by in the blink of an eye. Crazy. Here is the ever growing belly. Notice how the outfits I am photographed in have become increasingly less attractive as time goes on! Hahahaha.....oh well.

This week was Spring Break from school and it has been so nice to get out of bed all week without having anywhere to go. Chris' parents arrived for a visit on Tuesday and are leaving on Saturday. We have had a nice visit and have spent most of the time eating.....of course. Yesterday for St. Patrick's Day, Judy made corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, bread with Irish butter and I made green beer for the guys. Chris' cousin Amy and our friends Joel and Steve came for dinner and it was so fun to have everyone. There was lots of beer consumed, food eaten and I even found some Irish music on Pandora to play. Got a few good pictures, none of me of course :)



Today we went to walk around downtown Chico and went into a couple of baby boutiques (BIG mistake). They have so many cute things, but are soooooo outrageously priced of course. We did however find what we have been looking for the whole time..... The outfit Cade will wear home from the hospital. By request from his daddy, he will be sporting the following onesie:
Now I just need to find a very tiny maroon beanie and it will be complete :)
Grandma Parsley also bought him a little snuggle bunny. It is so soft and even I love rubbing it on my face :) It is very cute and he will love it I am sure.


Today I have no ankles. I am not sure if it was the salt in the corned beef last night or just being 7 months pregnant, but my ankles and feet are soooo swollen today that they are just big stumps at the bottom of my legs. I hope the swelling goes down soon.
I am going to the lab tomorrow to have my 28 weeks Glucose test done to check for diabetes. I have to drink some liquid and then not pee for an hour and that should be interesting. Hopefully my blood sugar is fine, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't because I have had issues with it before I was pregnant. Results next weeks so we shall see I guess.
That's pretty much it here for today. I found out I can try Pepcid ac for my heartburn since the Tums do nothing. I will be getting some tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nena Parsley said...

Loved the pictures, I'm glad you guys are having fun... we missed the corned beef... there's no such a thing like that here. Love you and take care of my nephew!!

The Plummers said...

I will! We wish you guys had been here, it would have been so fun! Say hi to the kids :)