Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Glucose Results

First of all I must say how funny the comment is on the counter-thingy at the top of the blog. "Now I have more brain cells than Paris and Nicky Hilton combined"....hahahahahahaha!

Okay, I'm done now. So I had my glucose test done yesterday morning and my midwife already received the results and called to tell me that they were fine. Good news since adding managing diabetes to my growing list of things to do would not have been fun. She did say however, that I am anemic. Not surprising to me because I have been anemic off and on all of my adult life. I just have to take a certain Iron supplement twice a day and everything should be fine.

I was actually pretty surprised that I showed up as anemic at this point in time though because I have eaten more red meat in the last month than I have my ENTIRE life. Guess I must be really low to begin with. I am also hoping that maybe being anemic is a contributing factor to my lack of energy and that I may start to feel better soon. Yay!

The swelling in my ankles and feet has not gone away so I plan to talk to the midwives about it on Friday. Also, my all day heartburn has now induced a very lovely-sounding cough from my irritated esophagus and throat. We will be discussing that too. I need to get some Pepcid today and see if that helps at all. If not, I am begging for something stronger.

Well, I am off to get ready for work now. The parsleys just left and Chris and I are kinda sad. We had such a fun time with them and we love when people come to visit. Back to reality now for a few more weeks. Comin' home to SD for my baby shower in 3 weeks though and I can't wait to see my family :)

No comments: