Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Another Check-up Come and Gone

Now that I am going every other week, I feel like there is nothing to report and also that it is going so much faster.

So I gained ANOTHER 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I am kinda in shock again and even my midwife said "OK what are we eating that we shouldn't be?" Uhhhhh......food? Hahaha. Anyway, though I really don't think I am eating that horribly or that much, I left the office with a new attitude about food. Cade and I will be eating only food that is nourishing and full of goodness. I went straight to the store and bought tons of fruits and veggies, spinach to make salads, yogurt, cottage cheese, whole grain tortillas, black beans, beets, and even bought eggs (which I really don't like) to hard boil for salads. When Chris gets home from his little trip tomorrow we are going to start barbecuing chicken breasts and veggies every night.
These are the foods that I used to eat anyway before I was pregnant, but being sick in the beginning, I got in the habit of eating anything that sounded good because it was all I could keep down. Now, I need to change it up again and have a little will power and grow a healthy baby.

The second issue this week is the Iron deficiency thing. I went and bought the iron supplement I was told to about 5 days ago. It was $20.00 for a supply that will only last me about a month! Yeah OK whatever, I can handle that. Then I go to this appointment and the midwife asks me which one I bought and then gives me a sample of a different kind of Iron that is liquid and has additional vitamins in it too. She told me that this one is gentler and will be less likely to cause constipation. I talked to my mom on the way home and she said she used the liquid one when she was pregnant with me and that it would be absorbed better anyway. So I go to the specialty store to get it and what do you know? Another $25.00 for a one month supply! Jeez! This stuff better work I tell ya!

In addition to the iron problem, I have had congestion for about the last 8 weeks, and developed a wonderful chest cough that has now lasted about 2 weeks. I told my midwife about this because I was starting to get concerned (and annoyed at coughing every morning and night) and she called in some antibiotics for me to take to try to get rid of any sinus infection or such that I may have. I was soooo happy she did this because otherwise I would have had to go to urgent care and sit with the sickies for hours. Anyway, I am now taking antibiotics 4 times a day, and 2 different kinds of iron 4 times a day. Needless to say, I'm tired.

My feet and ankles swell to the size of balloons anytime I work because I am on my feet so long, my lower back hurts from coughing so much and I think I have begun to experience Braxton Hicks contractions which are not painful, but just uncomfortable and always seem to happen while I am at work. I know I sound like such a complainer, but I am just plain uncomfortable. I always thought I would love being pregnant, but nope. I'm done. I want to get back to running and working out and feeling good again. I need to get more exercise, but my feet hurt so much and my belly is so heavy that it makes it seem like the last thing I want to do. I am ready. Only 11 weeks left and maybe less if I have anything to say about it :)

I signed us up for an all day Saturday birthing class in the end of April. I also need to schedule a tour of the hospital because it would make me feel better to know where I am going to be. Annnnddddd, I get to go home to San Diego in less than 2 weeks! Yay! Can't wait.

Okay, next appointment in 2 weeks. Chris' birthday on Monday. Perception test on Tuesday. Bring on next week.

No comments: