Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Monthly Check-Up - 7 month

Went to my appointment with the midwives on Friday and met a new one. Well she isn't new, but new to me. I was not a huge fan of her and hopefully she will be busy the day Cade is born. She is very much a "hospital" kind of person and sort of argued with me about having a natural birth. Look out lady and DO NOT mess with me. Watch, she will be the only one available that day....oh well.

Here are the 27 week stats:
  • Have now entered the 3rd trimester and will be going to appointments every 2 weeks!
  • Fundal height (size of uterus): 28 cm - Which is perfect she says
  • Cade's heartbeat sounds great and she says it sounds "very boy"
  • He is supposedly laying sideways with his head on one side and feet on the other (doesn't sound comfy to me, but whatever!)
  • I gained......8 Pounds!! What in the world? 4 weeks, 8 pounds. No wonder I am so tired lately! Yeah, yeah I know it's normal, but 8 pounds!? Wow.
  • Signed up for birthing class. Mostly for Chris, but maybe I will learn something too.
  • Need to drink more water (Working on it)
  • Have to go next week to have my blood glucose tested for gestational diabetes
  • Cade is moving around so very much and I love feeling him. I just wish I could see him.

So that is pretty much it here. I have had a little bit of a rough couple of weeks physically. Heartburn, sinus congestion, cramping legs, and insanely sore feet every night, all in combination do not make for a very good night's sleep. I love having him with me and knowing that I am responsible for his growth, but I am ready to be done with pregnancy and feel good everyday again. Oh well, few weeks left :)

I have been living on Tums and Chris is a wonderful foot massager and I so appreciate him. He has been reading his favorite book to Cade at night sometimes. I always fall asleep which is kind of neat because it is literally like their time together. So cute. I am feeling the urge to get things together and be ready for his arrival, but need to be patient and wait until after my baby showers. Man, I am so impatient!!

That is all for now. I am going to bed because I think I am fighting a cold and do not want to get it. More to come soon!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I'm pretty sure you just told us you were pregnant, so sorry, but I don't think you're 7 months already!! It seems like it's gone soooooooooo fast!

The Plummers said...

uh yeah I know!! What the heck?? I am in shock everyday!