Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Growing, Growing, Growing

So yesterday marks 23 weeks. I can't believe that next Thursday I will be 6 months pregnant! Time is flying and dragging at the same time. I am so excited to meet my little boy, but at the same time cannot believe I am actually going to have a son! So weird sometimes. I feel like I am already getting to know him as he moves around more and more each day. I have begun to notice him moving around the most at night, after I shower and am sitting on the couch.

This week, like the last, has been pretty uneventful. I went to my monthly check-up on Wednesday and it was really short and sweet. His heart is still beating, and according to the size of my uterus he is growing at the right pace. I was supposed to go to a follow-up sonogram with the Genetic people next Wednesday, but after talking to my midwife (and hearing we would have to pay a huge deductible that day) I decided not to go. They wanted to measure him again at 4 weeks since the last time, to make sure he has grow enough in that period of time. My question for my midwife was...OK so let's say he isn't growing "enough", then what? She said all we could do is monitor his growth more closely, but still there is nothing they can do. Based on this knowledge and the fact that I KNOW he is growing because I can feel him, I am not worried at all. Even though I am a little disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing him again, I think it is the right thing to do. Hopefully we can see him again soon.

The latest growth for the mama includes:

1) A very noticeable, rapidly growing bump
2) Varicose veins on the legs (yuck)
3) Having trouble tying my shoes and putting on pants
4) Waking up with a stuffy nose
5) Getting really tired at work
6) Last and most importantly, having to pee every 5 minutes!

Though I am enjoying getting to bond with him, I am very ready to have him out. I always thought I would love, love, love being pregnant, but come to find out....not loving it. Oh well, he will be out soon and I am sure I will wish he could go back in sometimes :)

Today my wonderful friend Mandy took some really great photos of myself and my other friend Jenifer. Jenifer is also pregnant and due 8 weeks before me. It is really fun to have her to share this with and someone to discuss things with who is going through it at the same time. I have posted some of my favorites. Next Sunday Mandy and I are throwing Jenifer a baby shower and I can't wait! I would also like to say thank you so much to Carla who sent Cade the adorable outfit in the picture below. We love it! Thanks Carla!

The Bumps!


It is getting huge!


Soooo cute Carla!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I could not resist. The hat alone won my heart. I am so very happy for you both!!