Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Shower the People You Love With Love

Being pregnant has been special and very exciting. What makes it EVEN more special is having a very good friend to share the experience with. Jenifer and I met while working together at KidsPark. She no longer works there, but we have stayed friends and now have become even better friends. When she found out last summer that she was expecting a baby, we were all so happy for her and the first words out of my mouth were "That's great! But, I won't be joining that club anytime soon!" She will never let me live that one down.

Since I found out I was pregnant, it has been wonderful to have her around. She is due April 18th which is almost exactly 8 weeks before I am. She gives me a real-life look at my very near future and we are great sounding boards for each other to gripe and complain! She of all people gets how embarrassing it is to lose control of your bladder when you sneeze and how it feels to no longer be able to reach your feet. I so appreciate her.

My other wonderful friend Mandy and I decided to throw her a baby shower. Those of you who know me well, know that this is one of my FAVORITE things to do, so of course I had to! After weeks of planning and preparation, the day finally came on Sunday. It was so fun and was so nice to hang out with a great bunch of women. Jenifer was showered with gifts and was a great sport when silly games required her to be the center of attention.

Not even close Pat!




I feel so lucky to have an incredible group of women around me at this time when I am away from my family. Though they will never replace my mom and sisters, I have formed friendships in Chico that will last a lifetime. Thank you all for this and know that I love you.

Jenifer, Mandy & Me



All the KidsPark Ladies

Mandy & Lorelei




The Decor

No comments: