Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A message from Chris

Ok........So normally I'm posting on sport and punk rock Blogs....... Since I'm madly in love with my wife and son I'll give it a go!
The last two weeks have been some of the hardest days and longest nights of my life. I learned a great deal about myself and how much being a good father and a great husband mean to me. My understanding of my parents and family has grown tremendously. Dealing with the simple fact that your child could possibly come into this world with any type of disadvantage is heartbreaking. When the doctor told us our child had a GREATER than 1 in 3 chance of having Down Syndrome I became terrified. I blamed myself for everything. I prayed every night and became a different person. I dug deep and realized God would never put me in a situation I could not handle. I had to think different and prepare my family for whatever we might face................... Thankfully, the test results came back NEGATIVE and our boy is fine! Don't let my wife fool you with all the nice things she says about me in her Blogging....... She is the back bone of the operation in the Plummer household. I don't know anyone else who can take 5 college classes, work 30 hours a week, and be pregnant all at once. She is the greatest human being I have ever come across and I work hard to enjoy every second we spend together........I am so excited to meet our son! I day dream about him all the time. I can't wait to teach him how to swing a baseball bat or kick a soccer ball. I can't wait to teach him that listening to music LOUD is the only way to do it! I can't wait to read him stories and tell him how lucky we are to have Mommy...............I Love You Stephanie and Cade! To all my friends and family who read this....... Thanks for everything! Being healthy is a privilege we take for granted......... enjoy it. Don't stare to long, take a look around!

-Christopher





2 comments:

Carla said...

Steph and Chris, I am so very proud of both of you! You are handling every situation as a true Parent! I love your Blogs and Pictures. Keep it up and I will be reading every one!!! Love You Both and very excited for you!

The Plummers said...

Thanks Carla :)