Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

School Days

When I transferred to Chico State, I decided to double major in both Child Development and Psychology. I felt that since these were both areas of interest for me and I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do when I finished school, it would open more doors for me than a single degree. Cade has changed those plans.

For the last 3 semesters, I have been working with both Psychology counselors and CHDL counselors to coordinate my schedules to complete the necessary classes in a timely fashion and graduate in Spring of 2011. I have decided to take a break from the original plan and focus on completing at least ONE degree before I become a parent. I realized I only have 4 classes left to finish my Psych degree and so that is what I will do for now.

School starts tomorrow morning and I am really not looking forward to it. Semesters always fly by for me and since Cade is due to arrive in the world a mere 3 weeks after finals, this to me means that I am running out of time to get ready. Now, I know many of you will say "not to worry about getting ready" and that "as long as I have diapers and love it will all be OK," but clearly these people don't know me. I NEED to be organized. I NEED to feel prepared. By this I do not mean decorating a room, painting walls or putting furniture together. By being ready I mean mentally. I have so many things I want to do and so many books I want to read before he comes because I know that when he is here, my priorities will shift.

So I need a plan. I need to set aside time each day to:

1. Study/Do homework
2. Exercise/Eat well
3. Complete projects while I have the time

This is my plan for the next few months so wish me luck!

Oh and as a side note, there is a reason you are not supposed to go to school while you are pregnant....Having to pee every 2 seconds, taking FOREVER to remember something very simple, backaches and a very large belly trying to fit into Kindergarten-sized desks are just a few. I know that this is the right thing to do for myself and my family, but YUCK!

OK, I'm done ranting now. Hopefully my professors are understanding and supportive and hopefully I can remember what I need to know in the coming weeks!

Other side note....still waiting to hear from the genetic counselor this week. Thursday is their deadline to call so it should be in the next few days. Keep your fingers crossed for good news.

No comments: