Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Check-up....again

Had another appointment today which went very well as usual and here are the stats:
  • Gained a few more pounds putting me at 32lbs total so far (I swear it is in my ankles!)
  • Fundal height 31cm and exactly where it should be
  • He is supposedly head down already and as a special treat for his mom, has one foot in each of my ribs!
  • Heart sounded great still
  • Met another new midwife named Lisa who I LOVED and hope she is there when I deliver. We talked about my birth plans and preferences and she was so helpful and even told me about a hypnobirthing class offered here in Chico! I am so happy because it will really help
  • She told me I could take Claritin and Benadryl for my allergies (yay!) so maybe now I will get some relief
  • Wasn't worried about my swollen ankles and feet because my blood pressure is still really nicely low
  • Picked up the information about my maternity leave and disability pay....man this is happening fast!

So that was the appointment this week. I go back again in 2 weeks for I think maybe 3 more and then start going every week!

I am going home to San Diego this weekend for my second baby shower and I can't wait! I haven't seen my family since November and it will be really nice to spend time with them. Sara is throwing the shower and will not tell me anything about it, so I will share the details when I get home :)

As far as physically? I am really uncomfortable at this point. Everything hurts and I had a mini meltdown last night. He is growing very quickly and getting really heavy. It takes a long time for me to get up and down and do what I need to do these days. Chris is really helping, but he can't go everywhere with me! Just walking from the car into the store is exhausting....man I will not miss that part. I have just been trying to stretch as much as I can and I really need to start doing the yoga video because I think it will help with flexibility and reduce some of the pain.

Cade is great and very active still. It is no longer kicking that I feel, but now more of a rolling and thumping sensation. Like a tsunami! He really enjoys and spends most of his time with his butt (I think) up under my right rib. You can almost always find him there. The other morning it was so cute because I had my ipod in bed with me and when I woke up I put some music on and the headphones on my tummy and he started moving around. Chris was thrilled when I told him that Cade loves Beyonce! Anyway, he is good and I can't wait to meet him.

Lastly, Chris and I now sleep in separate beds. I was kinda sad about it at first, but before we made that choice, neither one of us was sleeping. So now he gets sleep and I get sleep and we are much happier. I just hope it isn't permanent because I miss him at night!

I think that is all for now. I'll write again after I get home and have photos and fun from the shower!

No comments: