Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Missing Update

I was just reading through old blogs and couldn't remember cade at those stages of life so I just felt like I should jot down my favorite things about life right now so I can remember later.

My most recent nickname for cade is
"little bug", comes from love bug and will probably change soon. He is a speed crawler and pulls himself up on everything now. Just this week he figured out how to move his legs to cruise down the couch. Yesterday he was holding on to his music table with a toy in one hand. I watched him let go of the table to switch the toy to the other hand and stood up without holding on to anything for a couple seconds! So amazing.

Still doesn't have any teeth, but there is one working its way in on the bottom. I hope they take their time and don't come in all at once. I love his little toothless grin :)

Food is much more interesting now, but more my food than his. I have been sharing little tiny bites of certain foods with him such as my oatmeal, yogurt and banana and even a tiny taste of shuberts ice cream :) I would love to share more with him, but he doesn't chew. Everything that goes in, gets swallowed right away. The other day I gave him half a cheerio to see if he learned how to chew, but nope! He swallowed it and choked. Also, still no pincer grasp. Oh well, some day!

Cade is my little explorer and gets into everything. The other night we were on the couch and I looked down and he was behind the couch.
It was so stinking cute! He likes to bang on things with whatever toy he has in his hand, including the tv!

He loves to read books and gets excited if I say the word "book". He takes a bath every night and loves it. I love how much he knows and that he understands what we are saying. I have not been as committed to signing with him as I would like to, but I really want to do it because I know it will help tremendously in the next year as he tries to communicate.

I love that he adores his papa and waits at the door when chris gets home. He has a hard time if he sees me leave so when I go, we say goodbye in another room and he plays with papa while I walk out the door. I'm happy because I don't like sneaking out and he is happy because he is busy playing.

Bedtime comes and goes by the day. Some nights it is, sleeping and on the bed by 9:00, other nights he is up until I can't stay awake any longer and we go to bed together. It seems to depend somewhat on the naps he took that day. Naps are less consistent now and he can stay awake much longer between them. He went 6 hours without sleeping the other day, which is a long time for him. I think we may be headed toward one nap a day already, but we shall see!

We are moving back to San Diego next month and though I am happy and excited, I know I will be a little sad because this was his first home. Details of the move to come soon!


No comments: