Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homemade Goodness

Broccoli



Sweet Potatoes

Apples



So I decided to make all of Cade's food. I just really feel like it has to be so much better for his little body and it is easy and cheap to do. I have also decided to hold off on anything but fruits and veggies until he is at least a year old. This shouldn't be a problem, since he is almost 10 months old and still doesn't eat anything, but breast milk. I recently stocked the freezer with delicious organic peas, sweet potatoes, apples, butternut squash and broccoli. The whole process took me about 4 hours to steam/bake, cool, puree and get it all into ice cube trays. I found a really great website called wholesomebabyfood.com which has instructions for making the food and when it is appropriate to give certain foods to babies, etc. Just for fun (and because I feel so proud and accomplished), I photographed ever step of the process. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Sita said...

You are such an inspiration!! Missing and loving you,
~sita